Ratin' Along
My two Besties both ranted on the eyes of society on people like us. Their criticisms have made all three of us angry, their words have pained all three of us in nearly the same ways and their careless words have made some of us cry. I say us because my Besties and I are so alike we should be considered one.
It's true, criticism hurts my esteem. That should seem impossible because I have nearly none of it to begin with, but it happens. But I seem to take it in a different way. No doubt, I still get angry and hate the things that they say or do to prove to me that they are in one way or another unsatisfied with the way I am, but I scold myself for it. Why can't I meet the expectations that they hold for me?
They expect me to be smart. I should be smart.
They expect me to be skinny and beautiful. I should be skinny and beautiful.
They expect me to be near perfect because I have always been the good child. I should be nearly perfect because I have always been the good child.
But I'm not.
They won't take that as an answer. They will only continue to criticize and question why we don't meet their expectations. We can only prove to them that they are wrong.
We are smart. We will be beautiful. We may not be perfect, but we sure as hell will try our best to make the most out of ourselves. Why? Not only are we doing this to prove to those who criticize us that they are wrong, but we are doing this to make ourselves better. We are going to prove ourselves.
They only see what's on the outside. They only know how to ask for more.
But Nyx and Karin, we know what we have on the inside. We know each other far better than those who like to talk useless trash to us. We are here for each other and we will work together to prove those idiots that they are wrong~!
With you two, the three of us can do anything!
<3 rssj1314

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home